Date: 2009-10-18 / 9:00-12:30
Meeting Place: Industry House, Tel
AGS Chairman Mr./Dr. Yushi Komachi JP
AGS Secretary Mr. Norimasa Minami JP/TC100 Assistant Secretary
TC100 Chairman Mr. Mark Hyman
TC100 Secretary Mr./Dr. Shuji Hirakawa JP
IEC CO Mr. Matei Cocimarov CH
AGS Mr. Tadashi Ezaki JP/TC100 Assistant Secretary
AGS, TA1 TAM Mr. David Felland
AGS, TA6&7 TS Mr./Dr. Mikio Mukai JP
AGS, TA8 TAM Mr. Shuichi Matsumura JP
AGS Ms. Jean Baronas
AGS Mr. Karl Brookes
AGS Ms./Dr. Kate Grant UK (absent)
AGS Ms. Megan Hayes
AGS Mr. Eric van Nijhuis NL
AGS Mr. Pekka Talmola FIac(absent)
AGS Mr. Dietrich Westerkamp DE (absent)
AGS Mr. Junichi Yoshio JP
AGS Mr. Subing Zhang CN(absent)
AGS Mr. Keith Jones AU
Mr./Dr. Jae-Young Lee KR
Mr. James Williamson
Mr. Ren Chen KR
Mr. Choi Kwang-SOON KR
Mr. John Fairhurst
Mr. Lauri Halme FI
Mr. Jack Holm
Mr. Jeff Howell
Mr. Hiroyuki Iga JP
Mr. Kazuhiko Inagaki JP
Mr. Jiang Tian CN
Mr. Satoshi Kageyama
Ock-Woo KR Nam
Mr. Hideki Ohtaka JP
Mr. Hironori Sakakihara JP
Mr. Andreas Schneider DE
Mr. Ero Sorri FI
Mr. Koji Tsukada JP
Ms. Grace Wei
Mr. Mark Yonge
Mr. Zhang Hong CN
Mr. Takahito Iida JP
0. Meeting call to order at 9:00
1. Opening and reconfirmation of the AGS scope --- 100/AGS(Secr.)233
AGS scope by Prof. Komachi.
2. Approval of the agenda --- 100/AGS(Secr.)368
No additional item and confirmed.
3. Review of the minutes of the last meeting --- 100/AGS(Secr.)367
No objections and confirmed.
4. Membership of AGS --- SMB/4062/R
AGS confirmed to welcome a new member from
/ Mr. Keith Jones Australia
Due to the guideline procedure the chair approved him as the member of the representative of South Hemisphere region.
Attendees list of 26th TC100/AGS meeting was circulated requesting entry of the autograph.
5. New Technologies within the scope of TC100
5.1 Follow-up of Response Plan on the PACT report
Discussed in 5.3(2).
5.2 Follow-up of other issues of 25th (or former) meeting
(1) Digital TV receiver and mobile equipment
DVB-H mobile TV market status --- Mr. Talmola was absent and no report.
(2) Digital Cinema
Mr. Hyman reported SMPTE DC28 and ISO/TC36 activities.
(3) TC100 security
Mr. Yoshio reported the Ad-hoc Group on TC100 security standardisation.
(4) Energy efficiency
Ms. Baronas reported the SMB/SG.1 activities.
Dr. Hirakawa explained relationship between the Ad-hoc Group and TA12.
Mr. Minami reported TC59 home network and its measurement of standby power consumption.
Mr. Minami reported contactless power transmission activities.
AGS has requested him to make a position paper by the next meeting.
He has requested Ms. Grace to contribute Intel’s development and Mr. van Nijhuis for WPC its chair is from PHILIPS.
Dr. Hirakawa reported to receive the letter from the USB IF and this issue will be discussed in the AGM.
(5) High-level meeting of ITU-T, JTC1 and IEC/TC100
Dr. Hirakawa report of the high-level activity.
(6) New TC100 standardization model including IPTV, PC hardware and etc.
Mr. Yoshio reported the draft NP for new TC100 standardization model.
5.3 New contributions
(1) Relationship between TC100 and TC108
Dr. Hirakawa reported no modification of the TC100 scope.
(2) Post-PACT activities: user requirements for future TC100 standardization
Dr. Mukai reported a new Ad-hoc Group proposal and confirmed.
(3) Terminology for multimedia home network configuration
Mr. Yoshio explained a NP about Requirements for a terminology standard on multimedia home network configuration.
5.4 Reports on related activities
(1) Update on ISO/IEC JTC1 SC29
Dr. Grant was absent and no report.
(2) Report accessibility project
Ms. Baronas reported.
(3) WSC report
(4) CEA 3D Update
Mr. Fairhurst reported activities in CEA.
6. Review of recommendations and agreed action items --- 100/AGS(Secr.)366
See Annex A.
7. Meeting schedule
Next meeting is tentatively planned on May 19th 2010 in
8. Other business
AGS appreciated kind hospitality to Israel National Committee.
The meeting was adjourned at 12:30.
1. AGS accepts Mr. Keith Jones as an AGS member from South Hemisphere region and requests secretary to propose an amendment for 5.4.2 of TC 100 Guidelines and Procedures.
2. AGS requests Mr. Hyman to report of updated information on SMPTE and ISO TC 36 digital cinema.
3. AGS accepts 100/AGS376 aditional texts on TC100 security into the next revision of TC100 guidelines and procedures and requests AGM to review it.
4. AGS requests Ms. Baronas and Dr. Grant to propose text regarding the consideration of accessibility/usability for AGS review. If AGS generally agree, the text would be forwarded to the AGM for discussion and possible activities to the next revision of the IEC TC100 guidelines and procedures.
5. AGS appreciates the activities of the adhoc group on energy efficiency and requests the group to continue its activity particularl for responding to SG1.
6. AGS requests the TAs to discuss which standards and activities would be appropriate contribution to the SMB SG3 Smart Grid framework to Ms. Baronas.
7. AGS requests Mr. Minami to keep a liaisonship with TC59 for harmonization on IEC 62301/Ed2/CDV standby power consumption.
8. AGS appreciates the SB4 report and SMB new field proposal (SMB/4010A/DC) on contactless power transmission, AGS requests its secretary to create a TC100 position paper on this topic.
9. AGS requests AGM to establish a liaisonship with USB Implementation Forum to develop international standards on USB technology.
10. AGS expects the works of the high-level meeting and requests Dr. Hirakawa to encourage the coordination activities with ITU-T, JTC1 and ETSI.
11. AGS requests Mr. Yoshio to provide an NP on new TC100 standardization model including today's discussion on doc.377.
12. AGS identifies the importance of user requirements for future TC100 standardization and asks Dr. Mukai to establish an adhoc group to discuss and report user requirements for future TC100 standardization.
13. AGS accepts the requirements for a terminology standard on multimedia home network configuration and requests Mr. Yoshio to propose an additional part for developing the standard.
14. AGS requests Ms. Baronas and Dr. Grant to report of updated information of TC100 accessibility.
15. AGS requests Mr. Fairhurst to report of updated information of CEA 3D activities.
16. AGS expresses its appreciation to Israel National Committee for handling arrangements of the AGS meeting.