Date: 2010-10-11 / 14:00-17:30
Meeting Place: ASPEN / Sheraton Seattle, USA.
[Members] AGS Chairman Prof./Dr. Yushi Komachi JP TC100 Assistant Secretary Mr. Norimasa Minami JP TC100 Chairman Mr. Mark Hyman US TC100 Secretary Mr./Dr. Shuji Hirakawa JP AGS Mr. Tadashi Ezaki JP/TC100 Assistant Secretary JP IEC CO Mr. Matei Cocimarov CH AGS Ms. Jean Baronas US AGS Mr. David Felland US AGS Ms./Dr. Kate Grant UK AGS Ms. Ulrike Haltrich DE, Digital Europe AGS Ms. Megan Hayes US AGS Mr. Jack Holm US AGS Mr. Keith Jones AU AGS Mr. Eric van Nijhuis NL AGS Mr. Pekka Talmola FI (absent) AGS Mr. Dietrich Westerkamp DE (absent) AGS Mr. Junichi Yoshio JP AGS Mr. Subing Zhang CN AGS Mr. Dr. Mikio Mukai JP AGS Mr. Shuichi Matsumura JP [Guest] Mr. Tom White US, MMA [Observers] Mr. Shiburo Tokano JP Ms. Kae Hibawa JP Mr. Yashio Uemura JP, TA10/TAM Mr. Koji Tsukada JP, TA6 Mr. Hideki Ohtaka JP, TA6/TAM Prof. Hiroaki Muraoka JP, TA7/TAM Mr. Satoshi Kageyama JP, TA4 Mr. Hironori Sakakihara JP, TA8/TS Mr. James Williamson US, TA9/TAM Mr. Richard Valenta AS, Secretary of CLC/TC206 Mr. Stephen P. Oksala US Mr. Brian Markwalter US, CEA Mr. Toshihiro Inokuchi JP Mr. Hiroyuki Iga JP, TA1&TA12/TS Prof./Dr. Jae-Young Lee KR, TA4/TAM Mr. Choi Kwang-SOON KR, TA4/TS Mr. Nam Ock Wai KR Dr. Seung-Moem Ryu KR, Mr. John Fairhurst US, TA12/TAM Mr. Ero Sorri FI, TA5/TS Mr. Stephen Wood US. USB-IF representative Mr. Chen Rew CN Mr. Fan Kefeng CN, Mr. Zhang Huayi CN AGS Ms. Grace Wei US
1. AGS recommends that the document 100/AGS410 should be forwarded to TA1 for discussing the NP submission.
2. AGS requests AGM to establish a stage 0 project to survey and clarify the conceptual model for internet TV and its services.
3. AGS thanks Mr. Ohtaka for his report and requests him to report updated information for SMPTE activities on digital cinema.
4. AGS accepts the reports of AHG and TGs (documents 100/AGS421, 413, 425 and 414) and requests the TGs to provide TC100 requirements to the SMB/SGs.
5. AGS thanks Mr. Ezaki for his report on the high-level adhoc meeting and requests him to encourage the coordination activities with ITU-T, JTC1 and ETSI.
6. AGS accepts the document 100/AGS424 as an interim report of the FT-TG and requests the group to submit the final report in 2011.
7. AGS accepts the proposal for amendment to IEC 61998, and requests AGM to take a processing for development of the amendment.
8. AGS accepts the document 100/AGS426 as a draft TC100 position on contactless power transmission.
9. AGS accepts the document 100/AGS420 as a draft TC100 position on 3D technology and requests Ms. Fairhurst to finalize the strategy including today's discussions.
10. AGS recognizes that international standardization of EPUB could be important for EPUB users and IDPF, and requests AGM to establish a category D liaison between IDPF and TC100.
11. AGS recognizes the urgent requirements for international standardization of MIDI and requests AGM to establish a category D liaison between MAA/AMEI and TC100.
12. AGS reviewed the proposals 100/AGS406 and 419, and requests AGM to discuss the proposals in its meeting.
13. AGS recommends that the documents 100/AGS411 and 422 should be forwarded to TA4 and TA9 respectively for discussing the NP submissions.
14. AGS thanks Dr. Grant for her report and requests her to report updated information of JTC1/SC29 activities.
15. The next AGS meeting will be held in 26 April 2011 in Madrid.
16. AGS expresses its appreciation to US National Committee for handling arrangements of the AGS meeting.