(1) DocSII develops and standardizes a style language library described by an existing style language, e.g., DSSSL or XSL.
- DocSII does not standardize document styles themselves, because they are not the subjects to be standardized.
- DocSII does not standardize document style languages, because we have already standardized document style languages; DSSSL and XSL.
- DocSII does not standardize document structuring languages, because we have already standardized document structuring languages; SGML and XML.
The style language library
— is similar to a macro library of programming language,
— makes it feasible to describe actual style specifications to a structured documents, and
— contributes to document interchange preserving rendered page layouts.
(2) DocSII studies existing document styles/layouts, in particular, studies major document styles/layouts actually used for Asian documents presentation. Being based on the study, a style language library is developed.
(3) DocSII recognizes that document styles/layouts are actually employed depending upon
(4) DocSII will submit the developed style language library to ISO/IEC JTC1 for international multilingual document interchange preserving rendered page layouts.
Major document styles/layouts for Japanese/English documents have been studied by Japanese experts and DSSSL library for the styles/layouts has been submitted to ISO as ISO/IEC TR 19758.