Date/Time: 2003-04-30, 14:00 through 16:30
Location: ISO Central Office, Geneva
|Pasi Rinta-Filppula||ISO (Director Information Processing Services)|
|Joanna Goodwin||ISO (Assistant Director, Production Management Standards Department)|
|Alexander Samarin||ISO (IT Coordinator Electronic Publishing)|
|Y. Komachi||Panasonic Communications (Editor of TR 9573-11 2nd ed.)|
|Prof. N. Mitsuda||Wakayama University|
|Masayuki Naito||Japanese Standard Association|
1. Activity Reports of ISO ITSIG/XML Project and Overview of TR 9573-11 2nd edition (by Y. Komachi)
2. Demonstration of an Authoring Tool (an XML Editor installed with 9573-11 DTD and DSSSL Processor) (by T. Noguchi)
3. Demonstration of other Tools (XML Editors and XSL Processors) (by Prof. N. Mitsuda)
4. Discussions and Conclusion
Attendee concluded that:
(1) XML is desirable in ISO environment in addition to the existing formats of SGML, PDF, HTML and MS-Word.
(2) The DTD defined in TR 9573-11 2nd edition is an ISO approved DTD, and can be employed for authoring as well as interchange using the style specifications included in the 9573-11. The style specifications are based on ISO/IEC Directives.
However, J. Goodwin pointed out that the English version of the Directives had been prepared using the IEC template, and thus employs IEC style rules rather than those of ISO (the French version of the Directives was prepared using the ISO template). J. Goodwin pointed out that changes for conformity with ISO style will be necessary; she will communicate these to Y. Komachi; Y. Komachi agreed that this would be acceptable.
(3) XML tools with rendering functionality are available. Some tools could become ISO reference softwares. This issue will be discussed further at the next meeting.
(4) ISO CO wishes the satisfaction of the following requirements for tools;
Book function was pointed out as a useful feature.
(5) The following promotions are expected;
(6) The Next Meeting was proposed to be held in September 2003. It will be confirmed with ITSIG Secretariat.