The AP Font Library was constructed by the following programs which were originally created at National Taiwan University by Mr. Lin Yaw-Jen.
(1) [ttfstub] generate the stub (root) part of TrueType file.Figure 3-2 shows the outline pattern of same character as Figure 3-1.
(2) [aaf2bmp] extend the 1024 x 1024 bitmap data from AA-Fonts.
(3) [freeman] extract the freeman coded and the attribute parameters from (2)'s bitmap data.
(4) [vector] fit (3)'s freeman points to vectors. Each vector is a small line segment. The threshold parameter is the length of trace over the direct distance.
(5) [spline] fit (4)'s vector font as Q-splines. Each spline has a control. The threshold parameter is the average distance after regression.
(6) [toglyf] store (5)'s spline file as the glyph format that TrueType specification defined.
(7) [add] add (6)'s glyph and (2)'s attribute parameters to (1)'s TrueType file.